Thursday, August 1, 2013

There's no place like home

Well, we are moved and settled into life as we know it in Kansas.

Oh yes, that's right. We moved to Kansas!! :)

This has been one whirlwind summer. From making the initial decision to up and leave the life I knew and loved, to being where we are now.

It has surprisingly gone well. In all aspects of things. It rained on us the entire time we were driving through Texas. I kept telling Scott it was because Texas was crying watching me leave. Then we got to Oklahoma. No story there. It's just plain old Oklahoma. It was cloudy and drizzled a bit. After 3 hours of flat lands, Kansas. Kansas had blue skies and fresh air. We had little to no traffic the rest of the way and made it safe and sound.

The next morning I had an interview scheduled. Talk about just throwing myself out there! I was a huge ball of nerves. Will they like me? Will they understand me? (People up here tend to talk a tad bit differently than we do :)) I breezed through it and eventually got word I got the job! Not only did I get the one I wanted but I was able to start next week! Great success! My nerves were going 100 miles an hour down a winding road.

Wednesday I was reunited with my sweet daughter and puppy. The parentals and Hannah my sister came along also. We enjoyed a small time together then they were gone and reality set in. Instead of " I don't think we're in Kansas anymore" it was " I am in Kansas". This is a phrase I swore I would never say.

Y'all know what's associated with Kansas? Tornadoes. Yup. I declared when I was about 8 or 9 years old that I would NEVER and I repeat NEVER move to Kansas. Once I got word that's where tornadoes were I was done. I exclaimed I would never date someone from Kansas, visit Kansas or even drive through!

Never say Never.

Scott landed a nice job for himself and we are able to see a glimmer of light at the end of our tunnel. Basically God has made sure we know we did the right thing. Now I get to have my husband home every single night. I prayed for it. I just never envisioned it would be 800 miles from where I was praying for it.

My job is awesome. I am an inventory management specialist and I get to be in charge of all the equipment inventory within our company, Monday two part time people start and I have been informed that they will report to me.

ME? I am responsible for delegating tasks? I am actually working in corporate America. This is cool! I always saw myself as a hip 90's business woman when I was younger. Box cell phone, shoulder pads, farrah hair. So this fits me. I love to Network. haha.

Emily starts school in two weeks and she is thrilled. She has already made some friends down the street. It's so weird. They actually play outside together. Ride bikes, go down to the park, and all the parents are totally okay with it! I need to get used to mid-western suburbia.

Well, that was my update. I must have clicked my heels too many times younger wishing to be home, because now, I am. 


1 comment:

  1. Glad you're settled! I didn't realize Scooter was getting a new job too? I thought he was staying with his old biz. Glad to hear you're safe, sound, tornado-free (for the moment), and gainfully employed. :)

    ReplyDelete