Wow!!! It's been an entire month since I last posted a blog!
Let me tell you what! Not much has changed :) but with the craziness that comes along with a traveling husband and my everyday life I will gladly take 1 calm month out of the 12!
For starters, Scott has been able to work in town for the past few weeks (yay!!) and that has taken a huge stress off of both of us! Plus it's been pretty nice getting to see my sweet hubby every single day. Emily has enjoyed all the extra family time we've been able to have also!
Last weekend (8-18/8-20) we flew up to Kansas to celebrate Scott's father's 80th birthday!! I know, 80 years old and you could never tell! It was Emily's first time to EVER fly in a plane! Of course she did perfect. Laughing through the intense turbulence we had on the way there and taking pictures of everything with her iPod. When we arrived there, Kansas was having some wonderful weather. One thing I love so much about Kansas is that you can breathe. Coming from an area where we have about 9 refineries within 10 miles you would understand. It's beautiful where Scott grew up and so clean! We ate dinner at a really cool Pizza place, had ice cream with two great friends and called it a night! The next day we had breakfast with Ray and Morgan (the two great friends :)) and then it was time for Poppa B to get Emily something pink!! This seems to be a tradition... By 2 o'clock it was 2 hours until the party and we got ready. Honestly, the party was a lot of a blur to me. Emily spent most of her time up at the organ entertaining, while Scott mingled and I hung out. It was so nice to see familiar faces and also meet new ones! Ted (the father) gave a very sweet and heartfelt speech. Kelly (Scott's sister) and Patty (his godmother) got everyone who knew Ted to write him something special and put it together in a huge book! It was very cool looking through everything and seeing what all he had accomplished throughout his life! Afterwards we had a small family party at the house with our gifts and had a blast laughing and talking. Emily and I are very blessed to be a part of such a wonderful family :)
The next morning we flew out at 6 a.m. which was not fun at all. Who knew those random little sandwich stations throughout the airport would have such awesome breakfast deals ;)
Now to Emily news...
My Emily is in Kindergarten. I know. I can't believe it either but apparently somewhere along the way she grew up. I don't know who made it happen this quick but I would like to have a word with them...jeez.
Last night she was fine and dandy. Even told me to make sure not to embarrass her too much today. I conceded and agreed. However this morning she was a little nervous. She kept saying her legs wouldn't stop shaking. I asked her if she was worried or cold and she replied "nope. sometimes these things happen to me mom." alrighty then Emily.
I left her classroom this morning with her looking around and taking everything in. Walking down the hall back to the car felt like it took AGES. Everything kinda slowed down and I felt like a part of my heart missing. I am not even a stay at home mom and Emily has been in child care since she was 5 weeks old, but this was real. She HAS to go here every day unless it's a holiday. No more surprise lunch visits when Scott is off or days with her Aunt Nana (Emily's godmother) no, this is it.
Luckily, I got most of my crying out last night while staring at the computer screen tracking the tropical storm and grazing pinterest. I know. Too cool for words right?
Well, I will have an update at the end of the week. Til next time friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment