The time sure flies by when you're having fun!
Or not having fun, either way, since no matter what you do time does not and will not ever stop for you while you are alive.
Whoa. That was mildly deep.
So I think I may also make this blog about critiques over the restaurants in this area. Since there are quite a few that need a good heads up on what is proper and what is not...Especially Chili's in Port Arthur and everything they do. It's awful.
Last night Emily had a small rash form on her face. We immediately knew it was from her coming into contact with someone or something that had peanut oil or residue on it. We gave her some benadryl and sent her to bed. After checking on her numerous times for over two hours, I finally went to take a bath to soak my knee. While I was in the bath it hit me about just how severe her allergy is. The things I go through on a daily basis protecting her come second nature to me. Being "that mom" at a birthday party that asks if I can go through the candy to take out everything peanut or nut oriented, reading all the labels at the store, or anytime she is given some food to see if there is a chance it would contain trace amounts of peanuts, which is enough to send her into shock and need some type of medical assistance. The fact that if she EVER eats anything with peanuts or traces of it I have exactly two minutes to get the epi-pen into her and call 911. These truths became so overwhelming I almost broke down into tears and panic. I started questioning what her future will be like. Mommy can't always be there. That is a terrifying reality. Not because I am an overly attached mother, but because I feel I am the only one who has her back when it comes to this. What if she gets around people who offer her food and they don't know what is in it? What if they "think" it's peanut free and ends up not being. I have read too many times online about the death of children, and even some teenagers, who were told it was safe and lost their lives. I just have to continue to educate, pray, hope that we are making her as knowledgeable about her allergy as we possibly can.
Off of that super serious subject for now..
I fell down a week ago and smashed a glass into my hand. The cut itself is healing however I am having very tender moments and other times when my hand feels like it's on fire. Quite intense actually. I cannot put any pressure on it at all which sucks since I am used to working out and doing a lot with my hands. UGH
Today would be the day I am completely out of Zyrtec and my nose is itching like no other. RIDIC
Enough about my complaints/worries. Hopefully something hilarious will happen at my next outing and I can blog about that. Toodles! heh.
No comments:
Post a Comment