Monday, June 18, 2012

first blog!

Well, here goes nothing I suppose.

I get told all the time that I have an awesome sense of humor and how my views on life can make even the saddest person happy. So I figured why not start a blog! Seeing as how I am deathly afraid of growing old and having alzeimer's disease I might as well start now while I am fresh and not senile. Well, at least while I am fresh :)

So this past week was quite a busy one in the humble abode. We had recital madness. Which in itself should be a national week off like spring break is since you never have enough time to get what you need done. EVER. I kept my cool so that I didn't disrupt my little princess with all her lovely dance routines and her ever changing outlook on if she did or didn't want to continue with dance. On the last night everything had been going flawlessly until somehow....somewhere.....someone....some child....began acting out and whining. Then I realized it was my kid. And that was when cool and calm momma snapped. I refuse to have a brat. And I refuse to allow people to think I have a brat. So I calmly let her know that if she so much as made the smallest sound she wouldn't have to worry about what her make up looked like on stage for much longer because we were leaving. Good to know she understood and that crisis was averted. And I realized my limit was reached with recital. She finished marvelously.

The weekend was something I looked forward to all week. Seems to be a trend however. I need to win the lottery or find out a 3rd cousin down the line left me their summer home in the hamptons. I digress. We can dream eh? Anywho we had made plans to sell my old laptop to a woman in exchange for the iPhone 4 she had which she claimed she didn't need. Everything went smooth until we realized it was a stolen iPhone. A STOLEN PHONE. I mean are you kidding me. Of course my husband and I did the right thing and called the owner of the phone to let them know but now I have to live with the feeling of knowing someone who didn't deserve it has my very first laptop I ever owned/bought/loved.

Don't get me wrong. I  know it's materialistic. But it leaves a sick feeling in the pit of your stomach when you get duped then realize ahhhhh should have known. She didn't have a charger with the phone, it was dirty, never trust people, etc.

So now I get to have the oh so fun time of filing charges and what not. Either way justice will be served. I need to see this is as more of maybe Karma is a raging biotch and is using me to bring these dirty people down. I like to think of myself from time to time as a Karma super hero. Too bad you don't get paid to do it. However justice will be served. Or something like that.

I think personally I should find out where she lives and blare the power rangers theme song all hours of the day/night until she is driven insane and concedes to me. I don't want to fight. I just think my version of "chinese water torture" is less droning. Very few people hate that song. And if she does then I will already have an awesome theme song playing when she comes out in a fit of rage and I whoop up Chuck Norris style. At least that's what goes down in my head with all those pointless never going to happen scenarios.

Once it's all said and done another update will be posted. I look forward to doing this. Even if I am the only one who reads it :)

Now I bid you farewell.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Meagan! Well, I may not have a Facebook, but I have internet! Kyle showed me your posting about your blog...awesome!! Just awesome! Now I can follow you a tad bit more than hearing stuff from Scott and Kyle! I want to see pictures of your angel dancer!! The recital week sounds like hell, but at final curtain call...I bet it was ALL worth it!! Love you guys!! HI BUD!! Love, Patty xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww yay!! I am glad you enjoyed it! I plan on updating as much as possible on here! It was totally worth it and Scott and her did amazing in the father/daughter dance. We love you back tons!

      Delete