So, last night I played the lottery. I have played once before and had no such luck. However, yesterday I really felt like lady luck was on my side.
I played the pick 3 and not even one number I had was correct.
It seems lately that is how my everyday life has been. A luck of the draw so to speak and luck hasn't been taking too kindly to my side. Whether it is with money issues, or life in general, I seem to always fall short.
It is during times like this that I begin to ask the proverbial question, "Why?" I do nice things for others, I give when I can afford to give and I am always trying to look out for the ones I love. But I suppose that is not enough is it? When do I get my break and get to enjoy life? I have been mulling over this for some time and I can't seem to find an answer.
At one point in time I was actually considering changing who I am as a person. You can only be put down so many times before you decide to just "join" them. But I was quickly shaken awake and away from that notion. So I figured, might as well make the best with what we've got and be thankful. We have a home, my personal life is loving and honest, my daughter is one of the funniest, sweetest, most talented little 5 year old I have ever known, and my family takes on a whole new meaning to the phrase "blood is thicker than water", and God has blessed me with being healthy and alive. So things are good.
When I do think back to time when I was taken advantage of I start to break it down to see where I went wrong. For example: my wedding decorations. I decided to have a year long engagement so I could relax and have no worries in the world. Boy was I wrong. This decision led to me being charged outrageous amounts for the simple things I wanted and the week before being shown the complete opposite of what I had decided on. Talk about stress!! Then to find out I could have bought ALL of it myself and in time done it for way cheaper? I was one upset bride. The day before the wedding I was even making extra center pieces with my son-to-be mother-in-law! Moral of the story, I should have sat down, done a better budget, and really took the time to decide, instead of getting caught up in the wedding atmosphere and paying out in the end. The place I went wrong was jumping at the first chance to have someone else do the worrying for me. When I am the type who feels no one can see what is in my head but me ;)
My wedding was still gorgeous however :) Especially since I married the best man alive!
In closing, I want to know opinions and ways that you've gotten through hard and trying times. Everyone has that day when things couldn't get worse, then they do, and you're stuck kicking a brick wall. So how do you manage? What do you consider your "winning strategy" to be?
Until the next time! Meg.
No comments:
Post a Comment