Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hurrications

It would make sense now that everything is running smoothly in our life that an impending storm would be coming.

And my parents bought new furniture. Which in our family means even more of a reason for a storm to hit. We tend to not have good luck with purchasing nice, new things and then having to either ruin them or they get messed up :/

Take Rita for example. The one time my grandmother buys herself a new car. A week later we evacuate and she has to load it down with all her treasures and her sweet puppies. That also meant when we didn't go far enough, that branches and rocks would be slammed up against her nice new paint. With Ike, I had started a new job and paid off some debt. Feeling pretty good with a small savings. That was non-existent once the evacuation was said and done. Of course because I was sad and had to buy everything. Like Katy Perry's cd to bring my mood up and a trip to the Fort Worth Zoo.

So now we face yet another possible evacuation. Or as I like to call them "Hurrications". We plan on making the most of ours and visit Scott's Dad in Kansas since we can't be there for his birthday celebration in August and spending time with Scott's friends. 

For those who don't know, I am a recreational meteorologist. And I have predicted (almost) every hurricane that has hit us. If this one isn't the big "doozy" be prepared no matter what. Hurricanes are no joke. And even if staying behind worked once or twice before it might not always!

So last night, my best friend, her husband, Scott, and I decided to prove to ourselves that we aren't getting older and attempted to go out. We hit up this place called Good Times and I immediately felt off. It was a supposed Karaoke bar and all that was there was UFC wannabees and no empty seats to even try and fit in. We bailed. Next attempt, Dylan's. The place I used to work at and also where I met my loving husband :). We didn't even get inside. Or park for that much. Finally we rested at our final "party" place. Chili's. We ended up painting this bar and grill red let me tell you. We ate some appetizers, drank a few drinks, then proceeded to go home and pass out.

Point proven. We are getting older.

Well, I wouldn't say getting older. More like becoming wiser. Do we like to have a good time still? Yes. However, our version of a good time is no longer the usual get drunk and yell a lot. It's being with the people we love and enjoy the most. I do like to shake my thang from time to time. Just not every weekend. Gotta keep it on lock ya know. Since my moves can be blinding. Heh.

At the end of the night, we had fun with good friends and were able to still remember it. And that's what counts. Especially since like I said my biggest fear is not remembering. I don't know when you're able to tell you've grown up or whatever. But I think ours was last night. And I am ok with that.

What are some ideas of a good time to you?

Mull it over and get back to me. While you do that I will be pleasantly reading my nook, or surfing the web. Inside with no make-up on and in my pj's. And for now, that's my idea of a good time :)

Til next blog friends. Meteorologist Meg.

No comments:

Post a Comment