Tuesday, July 10, 2012

One of those days

I am definitely having one of those funky days.

You know, the ones when you type out words the way they sound and not the way they are spelled. Yup, one of those. So if anything looks scattered please forgive me. :)

My birthday is this Thursday. I will be 25. The big 2-5. The official quarter life number.

It kind of sneaked up on me this year. One minute I was just grooving along still thinking I was 20 then BAM. You're now 25. Most people don't use this number in age to reflect on life. However, I am not most people, so I will.

The past 25 years have been....unique. To say the least. My childhood was awesome. I miss nap time daily. And climbing trees. It's just not hip when you look like a creeper. I've got a handful of good, amazing, friends. Some of them came along for the ride. And I appreciate it. The rest jumped on at different stages.

That's how I see life. Everyone has their own private crazy train. It's just up to you on how crazy you make it.

Back to reflecting. The teen years were intense and the beginning adulthood stage was thrown at me with becoming a parent. That part right there was the highlight of the past 25 years. My daughter. I remember the first time I saw her. She had a beautiful glow around her. I don't care what anyone says. She glowed. And I knew that my life was now for her.

The few years after that were filled with the usual. Mom time, school, work, etc. I had a few ugly bumps in the road but braved through it all. Especially since I had family with me through the rough parts. That also includes my friend family :)

Then, at 23 I met the amazing man I now call my husband. It started out as an innocent friendship with this funny guy from Kansas and bloomed into the most amazing love story ever. He is my soul mate and the most wonderful father. I am so honored and blessed to be his wife. 

 As I near 25, I can proudly look back and say I am happy where I am.

Now on to the next 75 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment