This past weekend was definitely one for the memory books!
Friday after work, I went by Walmart to pick up all the little things I needed to get started on Emily's awesome road trip tackle box. Of course in my excitement of finding the only pink one they had there, I bought the one with no separaters in it :/ Being the one who can usually adapt, I was able to solve this crisis by placing small bowls in the box instead of fighting Walmart crowds to exchange it.
Meagan- 1/2 Walmart- 1/2 (I can't take full credit. Walmart still kinda won)
Later that evening, I went to go see the much talked about movie "Magic Mike" with my two friends Brooke and Breann. Of course I went to see what the hype was about....and watch some guys prance around shaking their money makers for once. I did not expect to be completely let down and wishing I was at home scrapbooking. This was by far the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. I mean Crossroads with B Spears would have won an Oscar if it went against this movie. No plot line and a lot of empty space. This made Scott laugh when I was explaining it to him since he hates Channing Tatum as an actor. Whatevs.
Saturday I woke up at 6:45. I don't even do this on a work day so you can clearly tell I was somewhat excited to drive and see my hubby! Emily was marvelous as always when something cool is going on and helped finish packing and got her "travel tackle box" ready in a snap! The night before Scott and I were joking that I would endure a rain storm on the way out. Little did I know it would completely jinx us and I would! I felt like I was driving in a hurricane. Emmy and I stopped in Sulphur and Lake Charles to wait for the rains to die down. After another two hours of "Are we there yet?" and blasting Michael Buble' and Beyonce', we made it to Baton Rouge. First stop on the list, The Louisiana Arts and Science Museum. Scott was still at work when we got in so I figured we would make the best of our time! I was very impressed with the spaces they created for children! They had two separate work areas for them and all the people working were incredibly nice and helpful. Once we got some play time out of our system it was on to the Planetarium to watch "Weather in Space". Emily thought we were spinning around the whole time and didn't understand why we weren't being hit by the rocks coming at us. I have to applaud the museum. They made our few hours left until Scott got off work well worth it and enjoyable! Plus I wasn't sweating...I like that.
When Scott was off from work we met at the hotel and I immediately went to smashing things into my smash book. I am a sucker for anything that has to do with scrapbooking and made use of my time while he was in the shower :) We ended up eating at this really good Cajun place called The Chimes East. Very happy with the food and service. Then it was back to the room for some much needed family time!
Sunday morning I got up and went to the bathroom. I know it is personal but keep reading and you will see why I needed to add that information. Emily was still in her bed sleeping and Scott had left for work around 4:30 in the morning. I am the only one awake in what I thought was my own private room. As I am sitting there I hear voices from the room and Emily screaming. I lean over to my left and there is a woman standing with my door open asking if I am leaving at 11 or staying. At first I just stared because I was like I said, in the bathroom, and this was MY room. I screamed at her I was leaving at 11 and to get out. She never knocked or anything! Just opened the door to my room and demanded answers. This momma was one hot headed lady now. Not only was my privacy intruded on but they scared Emily awake. I've stayed at many hotels in my life but I have never had someone just walk in before. Usually they knock several times and announce themselves before they enter. I had left the door open since it was MY room and that's how I heard them talking and Emily screaming. We got dressed and packed quickly and I marched myself down to the front desk in a fit of furry. The hotel manager was incredibly nice and understanding. He got onto them at once and apologized profusely. I was satisfied and Emily was calm so we headed out to our next adventure.
Breakfast was on my mind since we weren't able to eat the complimentary one so Cracker Barrel it was. Once that was all said and done with, we headed out to the "Big Ship" as Emily called it; the rest of us adults refer to it as the USS Kidd. A military war vessel that was now retired and a museum. Emily was one happy camper during the tour. I was a nervous wreck being as there were wasps everywhere and I am positive I start the melting process as soon as the sun hits me. We did the tour in about 20 mins and went back inside to the rest of the museum. It was lovely and interesting to read about all the men and women who fought from that area. I always see the Texas side of things so it was refreshing and new to read the Louisiana ones. We ended up walking and doing a mini tour of downtown since a train blocked our crossing to the car. So much sweat. However, Emily got some awesome model shots done. Then it was time for cupcakes, gossip, and before we knew it dinner with Scott. Of course we ate at Olive Garden. I was too exhausted to try to research any other place. The time just flew by during that and we were on the road home.
The trip was much needed for not only Emily and I, but for Scott. These times that he is away for work make it hard when he misses out on things. I would totally do this again if he happens to be working close by and we can afford it, of course. Only thing different is probably locking that top lock on the hotel door. Just in case ;)
Here are some pics!
Meg
No comments:
Post a Comment